Natural Rationality | decision-making in the economy of nature

1/17/08

The Philosophy of Social Cognition - I - The Other Minds

I am currently teaching an undergrad Philosophy of Mind course at U of T. I called it "The Social Mind: Mentality and Sociality" (see this page). I present it a course on the "philosophy of social cognition", i.e., the overlap between (naturalized) philosophy of mind and (naturalized) social philosophy. I will try to convert my notes in short texts that, together, will constitutes a free e-book called The Philosophy of Social Cognition: An Introduction to the Philosophical Approaches of Mentality and Sociality. The idea is to focus on philosophical questions that are relevant for contemporary research on social cognition.


The chapters will be posted on this blog (follow the tag POSC) and on my website (http://www.hardyvallee.net/POSC/) NOTE THAT THIS IS A WORK IN PROGRESS, not a final product.

Here is the first chapter: "The Other Minds" (PDF)



2 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for this...I'm looking forward to the following.

Anibal Monasterio Astobiza said...

Terrific! and Good job! it represents a very well done "road map" to swimming throught out the many advances that have been appeared in social cognition.